Diamond saw blades are mainly used to cut concrete stone, building materials, doors and windows, wall tiles, etc. It is one of the most commonly used tools in construction. The quality of the diamond wet cutting angle grinder circular saw blade is the main reason that affects its life, but the method of use and post-maintenance are also very important, and the reason that affects the life of the diamond cutting blade, so how to make your diamond saw blade live longer?
The Reasons That Affect The Life Of Diamond Saw Blades:
- Linear speed of saw blade: From the perspective of the high quality diamond saw blades service life and sawing efficiency, the linear speed of the saw blade should be selected according to the properties of different stones. When sawing granite, the linear speed of the concrete grinder cup can be selected within the range of 25m to 35m/s.
- Cutting depth: when the linear speed of the diamond circular saw blade is high, a small cutting depth should be selected. From the current technology, the depth of sawing diamond can be selected between 1mm and 10mm. Generally, when cutting granite blocks with large-diameter diamond blade for angle grinder, the cutting depth can be controlled between 1mm and 2mm, and at the same time, the feed speed should be reduced. When the linear speed of the circular saw diamond blade is large, a large depth of cut should be selected.
- Feed speed: The feed speed is the feed speed of the stone being sawed. Its size affects the cutting rate, the force on the saw blade, and the heat dissipation in the sawing area. Its value should be selected according to the nature of the stone being sawn.
Generally speaking, when diamond hand saw sawing soft stone, such as marble, the feed speed can be appropriately increased. If the feed speed is too low, it is more conducive to improve the sawing rate. When sawing fine-grained and relatively homogeneous granite, the feed speed can be appropriately increased. If the feed speed is too low, the diamond blade will be easily ground.
Other Influencing Factors：
- Diamond particle size: The commonly used diamond particle size is in the range of 30/35 to 60/80. The harder the rock, the finer grain size should be selected. Because under the same pressure conditions, the finer and sharper the diamond is, which is conducive to cutting into hard rocks.
- The concentration of the cutter head: the so-called diamond concentration refers to the density of diamonds distributed in the working layer matrix (the weight of diamonds contained in a unit area).
- Hardness of the cutter head binder: Generally speaking, the higher the hardness of the binder, the stronger its anti-wear ability. Therefore, when sawing abrasive rocks, the binder hardness should be high; when sawing soft rocks, the binder hardness should be low; when sawing abrasive and hard rocks, the binder hardness should be moderate.
For More Information
If you still have question about diamond saw blades, please contact BSP- diamond tools manufacturers and wholesale diamond cutting balde.