Welding is one of the major methods of attaching diamond segments to the steel core. It is substantially used for the diamond saw blade of professional series, particularly for those that are greater than 350 mm in diameter. This article introduces the production process and features of welded diamond saw blade.
Manufacturing Process of Welded DiamondSaw Blade
The manufacturing process of welded angle grinder diamond blade can be divided into the following parts.
- According to the production requirements*, diamond, iron, nickel, cobalt and other metal powder are selected. Then we mix binding agents with selected powders, which is often carried out using pendulum motion mixers. (* A number of diamond-related parameters must be taken into consideration to meet the individual requirements of a given application, including diamond type, grit size and concentration).
- Diamond-matrix* mixture then will be injected into a mold under heat and pressure to form a segment. Once formed, the segments are cooled and deburred. The backer side is machined for a precise fit with the steel core. The segments are inspected for material integrity, shape, and balance. (*One of the important requirements for matrix is to firmly hold the diamond particles and the pressing will help to reach this gold. Under the application conditions the diamond-matrix interactions occur in a variety of forms depending on the size and shape of each individual diamond particle.)
- To attach segments to the steel core, BSP uses brazing machines fitted with high-frequency induction heater and machines for laser-welding. High frequency welding involves a length of solder placed on the segment, which fuses the segment to the landings that protrude from the steel core when heated. While laser welding doesn’t involve the solder.
- After segments are attached the steel core, the manufacturer removes burrs and oxides from the wholesale diamond cutting blade Anticorrosive paint on the steel core after polishing.
- Performance and safety tests are implemented based on EN 13236. Qualified products will be printed, laser marked and packed according to customers’ requirements.
The bending strength of a laser-welded diamond saw blade may achieve 1800 MPa, compared with 350-600 MPa for the high frequency welded diamond blade for grinder, laser welding practically eliminates the possibility of segment detachment. Both methods, applicable to different objects, can offer strong welding adhesion between the segment and the steel core and greater stability under high temperature.
With 20-year experience of diamond tools manufacture, BSP TOOLS has strict requirements on metal matrix and diamond particles selection. Our various formulas for different application are well received, we produce diamond tools cutting concrete with angle grinder. which have been keeping upgrading.)