what is a diamond blade? Diamond blades have numerous variations like segmented blade, continuous rim diamond saw blade, and turbo diamond saw blade. Although all of them are diamond blades, the materials that they can cut are different from one another. Some are blade for cutting granite, some are grinder blades for concrete.
Here are some diamond saw blade manufacturers who will see cracks in diamond saw blades after the production in the manufacturing process. Next I will make a simple analysis from the manufacturing process and classification of the cracks accured.
General manufacturing process is mainly divided into the following categories:
- Sintered diamond circular saw blade
- Welding diamond saw blades:
- Electroplated diamond saw blade
- Sintered diamond circular saw blade: cold pressing and hot pressing.Below photo is sintered turbo diamond saw blade for check!
- Welding diamond saw blades: divided into high-frequency welding andlaser welding. High-frequency welding welds the cutter head and the substrate together through a high-temperature melting medium, and laser welding uses a high-temperature laser beam to melt the contact edge of the cutter head and the substrate to form a metallurgical bond.
- Electroplated diamond saw blade: the diamond powder is attached to the substrate by electroplating.
Classification of Cracks
Here let we analyze the five cracks that have occurred in the manufacturing process and provide preventive measures for reference.
- Longitudinal or transverse cracks
- Crack characteristics and formation conditions: It often occurs in hardened saw blades, carbide bands in raw materials and serious tissue segregation or non-inclusions extend longitudinally, crack from the surface inward, and the cracks are deep and long.
- Solutions and preventive measures: Eliminate carbide bands and segregation structures in raw materials, strictly prohibit impurities exceeding the standard; reasonably formulate heat treatment process parameters.
- Diamond saw blademicrocracks
The reasons for such cracks are more complicated.
- Crackcharacteristics and formation conditions: often appear at the microstructure defects of acicular martensite, austenite grain boundaries and grain memory in high carbon steel.
- Solutions and preventive measures: ensure that the chemical composition and organizational structure of the material are in a normal state; the heat treatment process parameters should be strictly controlled; the operator should continuously improve their skills, make up for some unforeseen factors, and avoid the occurrence of cracks.
For more information:
- Diamond Saw blade mesh cracks
- Characteristics and formation conditions of quenching cracks: The surface is prone to such cracks after grinding. High hardness saw blades, chemical heat treatment parts, and high-frequency quenching parts also often produce such cracks. The cracks are on the surface of the saw blade with a depth of about 0.005~0.02mm.
(2)Solutions and preventive measures: the tempering after heat treatment should be sufficient; the feed amount should be small during grinding and the heat generated during grinding should be minimized.
- Diamond saw blade special-shaped crack
- Characteristics and formation conditions of quenching cracks: often occur in unquenched saw blades or carburized parts, and the cracks are mostly located at the sharp corners of the saw blade and where the thickness is disparate.
(2)Solutions and preventive measures: The key is to rationally formulate heat treatment process parameters; improve the operator’s operating skills; try to use arc transitions in design to avoid sharp corners.
- Diamond saw blade peeling crack
- Crack characteristics and formation conditions: often appear in surface quenched parts or chemically heat treated parts. The peeling layer is the transition zone.
- Solutions and preventive measures: immediate tempering after quenching; reasonable selection of quenching heating parameters and cooling medium.
It is critical that the quenching medium and method are correctly selected based on the material of the diamond saw blade base and the original organization and technical requirements, as well as the condition of the equipment and other factors, and that the intrinsic quality of the diamond saw blade base is regularly monitored and adjusted. If you want to know more about diamond cut blade products, you can contact us BSP TOOLS – stone cutting blades suppliers and diamond saw blades factory.