1. What is a diamond blade?
Diamond saw blades are made by gluing diamond sand grains to the steel body of the blade, resulting in a harder, more robust blade capable of cutting even the toughest materials.
Diamond blades can be used to quickly and cleanly cut reinforced materials such as bricks, blocks, walls, glass, tiles and concrete.
2. Do diamond blades have real diamonds?
Diamond blade Despite its name, blades are not made entirely of diamonds. They are made of powdered metal spread over a steel core mixed with diamond crystals. These are not the type of diamonds you find in jewelry, they are synthetic diamonds made through a high temperature and high pressure synthesis process. The concentration and quality of the diamond in each section play a crucial role in the performance of the tool. This diamond-tipped cutting edge allows for maximum efficiency in cutting materials.
3. Advantages and disadvantages of diamond cutting discs
- save money and time
Although diamond saw blades cost more than conventional or abrasive blades, they last longer than most other blades. And these blades typically offer much faster speeds than traditional abrasive cutting discs, saving time with each cut can lead to significant time savings at the end of the project.
- Different cutting methods can be provided
Diamond blades allow you to perform wet or dry cutting.
- Better cut
Diamond blades work by creating friction, and they won’t just change the way you cut various materials. They may completely change the way you think about cutting. That’s because they don’t actually cut like a traditional saw blade.
The shortcoming of diamond include low thermal stability, chemical reactions with iron group elements, and carbonization at 700 to 800 degrees Celsius, which is not usually applicable to steel production.
4. How do I know if I’m using the right diamond saw blade?
This is a good question because different diamond saw blades vary in quality, and most are designed to cut specific materials for optimal performance and service life.
The overall performance of diamond tools is measured in two different ways:
- How long does it last, and
- What is the cutting effect?
Basically, he’d better pair the right blade with the right material — your cuts will be better. You will also get a better value for money because your diamond saw blade will last longer.
5. Safe use measures
Diamond blades are very powerful, so they must be handled with care.
- Use protective gear: Before using diamond saw blades, you need to obtain the correct protective gear.
- Choose the right blade: Determine the material you are cutting and whether you want to cut coarse or fine. After knowing your specific application, choose the diamond saw bladesuitable for the job.
- Check and maintain your saw blade: Check your saw and blade thoroughly before starting to cut. When examining the blade, look for defects, such as cracks, notches, gouges, or missing tips. While some wear and tear arenormal, missing parts or damaged blades can slow you down and become a serious safety hazard.