1. The Composition of Grinding Wheel
The grinding wheel is also known as the consolidated grinding tool, which is generally composed of abrasives, binders and pores, which are often called the three elements of consolidation abrasives. It is a porous body (mostly round, with a through hole in the center) made by pressing, drying and roasting after adding a binder to the abrasive.
2. The Application of Grinding Wheel
Grinding wheel is a kind of the most important grinding tool with the largest amount and the widest use surface. It can be used for rough grinding, semi-finishing grinding, semi-finishing grinding, slotting and cutting of outer circle, inner circle, plane and all kinds of surfaces of metal or non-metal workpieces with high-speed rotation.
3. The Classification of Grinding Wheel
Due to the difference in abrasive, binder and manufacturing processes, the characteristics of the grinding wheel are very different, it has an important influence on the machining quality, productivity and economy of grinding. The characteristics of the grinding wheel are mainly determined by abrasive, particle size, bond, hardness, structure, shape and size and so on.
- According to the abrasive can be divided intothe ordinary abrasive (corundum and silicon carbide, etc.) grinding wheel and natural abrasive super hard abrasive and (diamond and cubic boron nitride, etc.) grinding wheel.
- According to the shape, it can be divided intothe flat grinding wheel, beveled grinding wheel, cylindrical grinding wheel, cup grinding wheel, disc grinding wheel, etc.
- According to the bond, it can be divided intothe ceramic grinding wheel, resin grinding wheel, rubber grinding wheel, metal grinding wheel, etc.
Since the grinding wheel usually works at high speed, the rotary test (to ensure that the grinding wheel will not break at the working speed) and static balance test (to prevent machine vibration caused by working) should be carried out before use. After working for a while, the grinding wheel should be dressed to restore grinding performance and correct geometry.