The drill that makes the cutting edge is called a diamond drill. The drill bit is a one-piece drill bit, the whole drill bit has no moving parts, the structure is relatively simple, and it has high strength, high wear resistance and impact resistance. Field use proves that when diamond drill bits are used in soft-medium hard formations, they have the advantages of fast speed, large footage, long life and stable operation. The diamond drill bit not only has a long service life, but also can be reused. The diamond drill bit returned to the factory for repair has the same effect as the factory diamond drill bit, which can save a lot of cost.
There Are Many Types Of Diamond Drill Bits, The Common Ones Are:
- Engineering drill bits classified by use are mainly used for engineering construction. This kind of engineering drill bit has many specifications and a large amount of use, forming a professional main product series – industrial drill bit.
- Classify the hot pressing method according to the manufacturing method, which is similar to the hot pressing process of lipid drill. The lasso can be made first and then welded to the steel body, or it can be directly hot-pressed to the steel body. The electroplating method is similar to the electroplating drill manufacturing process. The electroplating method can be divided into epitaxial growth method and conventional method.
- Classification of diamonds used Natural diamond engineering uses natural diamonds as cutting materials and is mostly used in building materials and construction industries. Synthetic diamond engineering drill bits use synthetic diamond single crystal as the cutting material, and are mostly used in the optical and chemical industries.
Selection Method Of Diamond Drill Bit:
- It is generally recommended to use natural surface drills, composite drills, polycrystalline drills, and partially sintered drills for soft to medium hard rocks (diamond core drillrock drillability grade (1-6) and completely uniform rock formations.
- From hard and dense rock formations (level 7-12 in the grade table), it is generally recommended to inlay diamonds on pregnant diamonds, pointed ring concentric circles, staggered pointed ring diamonds, or fine-grained diamonds.
- In crushed, soft intersecting, fracture-developed or strongly abrasive rock formations (such as coal-measure strata), sharp-toothed optical diamonds or electroplated drills with good wear resistance should be used.
I hope the above articles can be helpful for you to use diamond drill bits in your daily life. Also, if you want to know more about diamond drill bits, please consult https://bsptools.com/, which is a professional manufacturer of diamond tools.